This month, the Inhouse Manager marketing team gives us their recipe for a perfect summer dish, honey and soy sauce salmon fillet with salad.
Preparation time: Less than 30 mins
Cooking time approx: 10 – 30 mins
- 4 x 150g/5oz hot smoked (i.e. cooked) salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 5cm/2in piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 200g/7oz read-made mayonnaise
- 2½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 400g/14oz baby spinach leaves
- 100g/3½oz sun-blushed tomatoes
- 50g/2oz pine nuts, toasted
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180C/360F/Gas 4.
- For the salmon, place the honey and soy sauce into a pan and bring to the boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until thickened and combined.
- Brush the honey and soy sauce mixture onto the salmon fillets. Transfer to a baking tray and place into the oven for 5-6 minutes, to warm through.
- For the dressing, place the ginger into a piece of clean muslin and squeeze out the juice into a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, soy sauce, sugar and rice vinegar to the ginger juice and mix well.
- Add a little water if the mixture is too thick – it should be the consistency of double cream.
- For the salad, place the spinach leaves, tomatoes, pine nuts and spring onions into a large bowl and mix well.
- To serve, place equal amounts of salad mixture into four bowls. Spoon some of the dressing onto each portion and place a piece of salmon on top.