This month, Inhouse Manager’s office manager Ariam Mehari has given us her recipe for the perfect stir fry.
Preparation time: Less than 15 mins
Cooking time approx: 7 – 10 mins
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of all purpose seasoning
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 fresh red chili
- 2 carrots
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Chop garlic, finely slice the spring onions and deseed and finely slice the chili. Trim, peel and thinly slice the carrots.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and cut the chicken into strips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok. Season the chicken with a pinch of salt, pepper and all-purpose seasoning, then add to the pan and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Add the chili flakes and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Next, add the spring onions, carrots and broccoli and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the soy sauce and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with egg noodles or rice and sprinkle sliced chili on top.